Drop-in Sessions | Now TWICE a month: 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month starting February 2020
Be part of the first Peer-led support group in the Coachella Valley for LGBT dementia caregivers/carepartners.
This support group offers a safe environment where LGBT caregivers/carepartners, who are caring for an LGBT person with dementia, can receive support from others going through similar experiences and learn better ways to cope with, and make sense of, the many different emotions that arise when taking up the caregiving role.
We will also discuss the unique social and psychological considerations facing LGBT caregivers/carepartners, as well as LGBT person(s) with dementia, in the areas of:
- Dealing with family and friends
- Finding supportive healthcare and service providers
- Experiencing mistreatment or discrimination
- Maintaining a sense of community
- Maintaining your own well-being as an LGBT caregiver/carepartner