The LGBTQ Community Center of the Desert
Position Title: Clinical Supervisor (Clinical Psychologist)
Reports to: Director of Behavioral Health Services
Compensation: $60 per hour/5-10 hours per week
Recruitment Date: September 15, 2021 until filled
The part-time Clinical Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating and providing clinical supervision for The Center’s behavioral health services psychological assistants and students (up to 3 supervisees).
- Work in collaboration with team members to ensure optimal client care supported by high quality clinical practice and effective, evidence-based guidelines.
- Model inclusive, multi-cultural programming, leveraging prior experience working with and in diverse LGBTQ and BIPOC communities with a demonstrated understanding of intersectional oppressions.
- Supervise pre-licensed staff; ensure appropriate clinical coverage during program operation in both virtual and in-person environments.
- Advanced clinical degree with license to practice and supervise in California (PsyD/PhD).
- Knowledge of regional behavioral health resources, treatment regulations and programs; knowledge of electronic medical recordkeeping.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work with a wide range of personalities.
- Commitment to inclusive, multi-cultural programming; prior experience working with and in coalition with diverse LGBTQ and/or BIPOC communities with an understanding of intersectional oppressions.
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues, needs and interests of LGBTQ youth, adults, families and community, including knowledge of the spectrum of gender and nonbinary identity and issues.
- A strong commitment to the mission and work of The LGBTQ Community Center of the Desert.
- Fluency in a language in addition to English desired.