Case Manager Job Description
About The Center
Behavioral Health @ The Center is looking for a compassionate, experienced case manager to help serve the LGBTQ community in the Coachella Valley. The Center is committed to the values of respect, excellence, inclusiveness, fun, and integrity. Our mission is to create vibrant community by helping LGBTQ people along their way. This supports our vision of thriving lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, living authentically in support of inclusive communities. Our three strategic initiatives are to end isolation and loneliness, to connect people to resources and community, and to enrich our individual and collective experiences. We are seeking a case manager who can help the Behavioral Health program expand services to better meet our mission, vision, and values.
About the Job
This position will work from the behavioral health department, connecting clients to community resources best serving their needs. This person will also work with the clinic staff to prioritize client needs. This position will be housed at The Center’s behavioral health clinic in Palm Springs and may also include meeting with clients at our site in Coachella.
Social Worker Responsibilities:
- Assisting clients in receiving services virtually and in person.
- Getting clients involved in Center programming, connecting to Food Bank, etc.
- Assist clients in applying for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), health insurance coverage, changes in gender identity documentation, and more.
- Serving as a liaison between the clinic and other programs at The Center (ie. Food Bank) and connect clients to community support services, as needed. Case manager will follow up on clients who are sick, hospitalized, or disappear from treatment.
- Building new relationships with other mental health providers for referral purposes (i.e., drug/alcohol rehab and recovery programs, crisis facilities, assisted living facilities, and other community mental health clinics). Connecting the client to resources, providing case management when appropriate, conducting outreach, and supervising prelicensed clinicians.
- Support the expansion of our range of care into the Eastern Coachella Valley, and make available a more wraparound type of attention for those who need it including navigating systems of care.
- Contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
- Participating in training, supervision, and meetings.
Social Worker Requirements:
- Master’s degree in social work, marriage and family therapy, psychology, or related field.
- Experience and knowledge of the LGBTQ community.
- Experience and knowledge working with the transgender/gender diverse community.
- Licensed for 2 years and ability to supervise at least three MFT associates and/or PCC associates.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- The capability to provide services, such as assistance in filling out SNAP applications, insurance forms, name and gender marker change paperwork, housing forms, etc.
- Attendance and co-facilitation at weekly 2-hour group supervision. every Wednesday from 4:00-6:00 pm.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) strongly preferred.
- Will be required to complete a 40-hour antiracist training offered through (Social Venture Partners LA) paid for by The Center.
Hours and Compensation:
- This is a part time position that will start at a minimum of 20 hours with the possibility of increasing to a full time 40-hour work week.
- Annual full time pay: $60,000-$70,000 commensurate with experience
- Health care including dental and vision included at full time status
- This is an exempt position
The ideal candidate will:
- Have extensive knowledge of the needs faced by LGBTQ adults and passion to meet those needs
- Seek out opportunities to collaborate with Center staff and community stakeholders
- Feel comfortable collaborating with multiple systems of care and resources to ensure clients receive the support needed
- Uphold the values of The Center and feel committed to the mission and vision of The Center