Beat the summer heat @ The Center
HOT WEATHER TIPS:
- Drink plenty of water. Avoid alcohol and caffeine.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat, or use an umbrella for shade.
- Wear lightweight, light-colored, loose clothing.
- Slow down - rest in the shade or a cool place when possible.
- NEVER leave a child, elderly, disabled person, or animal alone in a vehicle.
- Keep shaded areas with fresh water for outdoor animals.
- Turn on your air conditioner.
- Check on friends and neighbors who are elderly, have medical conditions, or are at higher risk for problems when it is very hot.
- If you do not have an air conditioner, use a fan, make sure your windows are open, and visit a cool center.
- Take a cool shower or bath
- When it is hotter than 90°, visit a friend that has air conditioning in their home or a cool place like a mall, a library or a senior center.
You are also at risk if you have certain medical conditions, take medication for high blood pressure, have a mental health condition, have been using drugs or alcohol, or have a previous heat-related illness.
The Center will provide board games, cards, movies, snacks and water.