Covid-19 Financial Resources.
If your household income has been impacted by COVID-19, here is a list of local, regional, state, and national resources you can look into.
- United Way of the Desert (Financial Stability for people in need)
- Lift to Rise, Rental Assistance Fund – to open June 2, 2020 (Financial assistance for people in need)
- California Desert Arts Council, ‘Keep Art Alive’ (fund for Artists and Musicians)
Rental Housing Assistance
- Coachella Valley Association of Governments (CVAG) Affordable Housing Resources & Location Directory
- Housing Authority of the County of Riverside
- Coachella Valley Housing First (Path of Life)
- College Students- U-Haul 30 day free storage for college students
- CalFresh (SNAP)
- CalWorks (cash assistance)
- Apply for Child Care
Utility Assistance & Relief
https://ccsbriv.org/ Offers Utility Assistance for economically disadvantage or otherwise needy individuals and households. Call (760) 342-0157 for more information. If you are in need of utility assistance, please call Monday's after 2:00PM
https://www.capriverside.org/program/utilityassistanceprogram CAP Riverside administers the federally-funded Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which provides utility payment assistance and weatherization services to low income customers in Riverside County. Eligibility for this program is based on the household’s total monthly gross income.
- Desert Water Agency (DWA) -
https://dwa.org/COVID Their Board of Directors Voted unanimously to waive all late fees and hold off on water shutoffs for 60 days starting March 17.
https://www.palmspringsdisposal.com/ Has announced a Customer Relief Package for residents and businesses. This package is designed to offer some relief to businesses and residents impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Southern California Edison announced that it is suspending service disconnections for nonpayment and waiving late fees, effective immediately, for residential and business customers impacted by the COVID-19 emergency. For more information, please refer to SCE's Community Resource Guide.
- SoCal Edison CARE/FERA Program (18-30% Electric Discount)
- So Cal Gas is committed to providing safe and reliable service and will not have any service disruptions or disconnections at this time.
- SoCal Gas CARE Program (20% Gas Discount)
Relief from Financial Institutions-
- Bank of America
- S. Bank
- Wells Fargo
- Walgreens- Beginning March 13, 2020, Walgreens is waiving delivery fees for all eligible prescriptions during this evolving situation. There will be free delivery on any purchase on Walgreens.com beginning March 13, 2020 and until further notice, with no minimum purchase required.
- CVS- Beginning March 9th, 2020, CVS Pharmacy will waive charges for home delivery of prescription medications.
- Emergency Assistance for Bartenders
- Restaurant Care (Emergency Assistance Restaurant Workers)